| From 2011/12/23 20:00:00 to 2011/12/23 23:59:59
Blekerijstraat 75, Gent, Belgium
«Decide on decision model»
Let's decide on how we want to decide in a civil manner. Specifically with regards to conflict resolution? Do we introduce voting? How? The intention of this meeting is come up with a concrete and complete way to handle these things.
 Possible Solutions
- Consensus: 30 minutes max , if !resolved = disagreeing ppl should work out a compromise by next meet. If !compromise = voting by members
- Sociocracy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociocracy ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyw0gBsDeho )
- Others: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varieties_of_democracy (feel free to go trough these, and list the ones that seem applicable)
- Dishocracy: All decisions are made by those who are actively doing the dishes. There are always import trivial jobs that everybody agrees on need to be done but nobody really likes to do. Things like doing the dishes, cleaning the floor, refilling the fridge, going to the store and so on.
 Decision taken on 23/12/2011
On the page Faq, the lines
We don't like politics and blablabla. If you want to do something, the space is yours, just do it. There is a weekly meeting where stuff gets discussed. The conflict model is flawed and nobody likes doing it, it leads to power struggles, and when there's a winner there's always a loser. We've found that the best way to decide something is with unanimity. If we don't reach an agreement about a topic in 30 minutes, the discussion is closed. The people from both 'camps' are encouraged to chill out, have a drink together and figure something out by the next meeting.
were replaced by
There is a weekly meeting where stuff gets discussed. When deciding something, we strive for consensus. If an agreement cannot be reached about a topic in 30 minutes, majority vote (50% + 1) may decide.
(See rev 5610:5082)
- Go for quick decisions, don't let discussions drag on
- If a point needs to be re-iterated, you can always put it on the agenda of next meeting and re-decide then
- Nobody has veto rights
People present on the meeting to decide on this were: Sandb, HansF, JeroenDeDauw, Biertie and Koen.